Location: Branchburg, NJ
Project Type: Chiller Optimization
The Rock Brook Consulting Group acted as the lead design professional for the optimization of the existing five (5) 345-ton chilled water plant, including but not limited to sequencing of the existing pumps, cooling towers, heat exchangers, water temperature reset and storage tank utilization. Rock Brook worked with Automated Logic Controls and Tekworx, who are familiar with Verizon facilities, to perform Control Optimization. Following Verizon’s Design and Documenting Standards played a key role in this project. Services included:
- Replacement of the existing chilled water and condenser water pumps in kind with VFD capable pumps.
- Provided VFDs for the chilled water and condenser water pumps.
- Provide Differential Pressure Sensors on chiller condenser piping.
- Provide a flow meter on condenser water main piping from cooling towers.
- Coordinated with the existing Building Automation System and update previous Automated Logic control sequence to implement new pump VFDs.
- Provided a detailed Work Phasing plan with the input of the Verizon Facilities Team.
- Provided power for new pumps and VFDs
- Updated as-builts to reflect installed conditions.